G M Quader is a Bangladedhi politician. He is a Chairman of Jatiya Party (JP) & former Minister. He was minister for Ministry of Civil Aviation and Tourism and subsequently also for Ministry of Commerce during the period from 2009 to 2014.
Quader, presidium member of Jatiya Party (JP), held different important posts in several important organizations including Bangladesh Petroleum Corporation, Jamuna Oil Company and Bangladesh Tobacco Company (now British American Tobacco Bangladesh). He worked in the Ministry of Agriculture in Iraq as a mechanical engineer from 1976 to 1977.
He was elected lawmaker with Jatiya Party ticket in the seventh parliamentary election and served as member of parliamentary standing committee on defence ministry. He was also elected as lawmaker in eighth parliamentary election and served as a member of standing committee on agriculture ministry.He was also a Member of Standing committee an also on rules of procedure of the Parliament. Mr Quader was elected in the ninth parliament & was appointed as Minister for Ministry for Civil Aviation & Tourism with effect from January 07, 2009 to December 7th, 2011 & subsequently he was assigned as the Minister for Ministry of Commerce till January 11th , 2014
- Mr Ghulam Muhammed Quader (G M Quader ), Education: B.Sc. Engineering (Mechanical), First Class, 1969.
- Currently, Presidium (highest policy making body of the party) Member Jatiya Party.
- Years first, second and third elected to 7th ,8th & 9th Parliament: 1996 – 2001 , 2001 – 2006 & 2008-2014
- Career: Served as a member in the parliamentary standing committee, on the ministry of defence, ministry of agriculture and on rules of procedure of the parliament ; minister for ministry of civil aviation and tourism ; minister for ministry of commerce .
- Previously worked as Director (Operations and Planning), Bangladesh Petroleum Corporation, a government owned petroleum oil procurement marketing and refining organization; General manager (CEO) Jamuna Oil Company Limited, a government owned oil marketing company; Mechanical Engineer at different organizations in Bangladesh and also under the government of Iraq.